Thursday, April 8, 2010

My how time flies when your husband leaves for a week long business trip.  My time has been spent wrangling a toddler, assessing the piles of mess/junk lying around the house waiting to be dealt with (they're all still there) and desperately searching for some sort of energy outlet for H, like a decent playground.  I am learning that they are pretty hard to come by.

 Decent has a few prerequisites:
1.  Playground is in a good neighborhood where I don't have to worry about finding untoward things on the slide or being accosted by creepy people.
2.  Play equipment can't have foul language scribbled all over it.
3.  No fireman poles or other big holes 5 ft up in the air that my adventurous son can jump from since I can't run circles around the equipment and make it there as fast as he can.  (this is the hardest requirement to meet so far)

We found one playground that meets the neighborhood requirements but there are still some holes.  I want to let my little one relax and play while I do the same.  We did sneak up to the church where he goes to Mother's Day Out and use their playground.  Theirs is perfect, all fenced in and no holes for toddlers to fly out of.  But, I feel like I'm going to get busted for doing something wrong since it's a church playground and not a public park.  Still.  I'm not saying we won't go back there.

So this afternoon, we'll check out one of the three left on my list.  One of them has a sprinkler park, added bonus for summer time.  The other is in the zoo which is, of course, always a good time but sometimes overrun with rude kids who will run over a little kid who is still learning the fine art of running at full speed....

With that, I present a few pics from Easter:

From Fisher Family Blog

Sticks...his new favorite toy and mom's worst nightmare (you'll put your eye out, kid!)

From Fisher Family Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment