Ok, so watching t.v. isn't all bad. It's helping Holden learn to roll over. Really, it is! My cousin, W and his wife came over this week and we went out for some Mexican. Holden was well behaved, as usual. When we got home, I was holding him with my feet propped on the coffee table, with his back resting on my thighs. The tv was on and Holden wanted to see it, so he started pushing with his feet, arching his back and straining to see it. In the process, he rolled right off my lap!!! (We caught him, of course) My child's desire to watch tv is helping him learn how to roll over!! :-) We are close to a real roll. I can feel it.
In the meantime, tv as background noise at our house is going to stop...I'm not going to raise a couch potato, promise!
We do quality time on the baby einstein activity mat. Holden is obsessed with the sun rattle and is really thinking about smacking it with his fist. It's almost like you can see him slowly figuring out that he has control over those hands and feet. He will sit and stare at his feet and watch them wiggle around.
So, here is my favorite pic of Holden playing on his mat. Its a few weeks old, but I love it!

The tv is always on at our house too. we even leave it on for the dogs when we're going to be gone for a while, and I know people say dogs don't watch tv, but any time an animal is on the screen they go crazy. I love Holden's mouth in this picture, and those cheeks.
ReplyDelete