Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sleeping

I like sleeping.  It's not overrated.  I love sleeping.  My husband loves sleeping.  Even my baby loves sleeping.  But baby loves sleeping in a different kind of way.  Holden likes to take little naps throughout the day.  This is good for baby, bad for mommy.   Each time he falls asleep, I think "SWEET! I can get something done!" and then I start on said task, like picking up our bedroom that looks like a hurricane came through.  But as soon as I really get in the groove, baby wakes up.  He demands attention.  If you don't give it to him, he will "yell" at you.  Yelling isn't so much crying as talking in an angry tone.  It's kind of funny actually.  So, not much gets done during the day around here.  Holden started sleeping through the night a few weeks ago, meaning he goes to sleep at 10 and wakes up at 5 or 6.  Me likey.  7 hours straight sleep is a beautiful thing.  Last night, though, he passed out at 9, right after eating.  So we put him down.  Husband suggests that maybe it's time we leave an arm out of the swaddle blanket so he can suck his thumb if he gets bored. 
I complied. 
stupid me.  
1:30am = baby LOUDLY sucking on his thumb and alternately screaming when his hand disappears into the darkness.  He doesn't have control yet.

4:00am = mommy finally gets up to feed baby after many trips to the bedroom to insert paci and eventually rewrap baby with BOTH arms in for some peace.

I decided this morning that I am swaddling baby until he is 18 years old.  I need to get out the sewing machine and see how big I can make this miracle blanket.

1 comment: