Well, we had another first this weekend. We were not ready for it but I guess you never are. Holden had his first trip to the ER and his first black eye, sort of. What happened? Well, I took Holden from Will and turned to walk to his bedroom. The walker was right next to me, which I didn't realize and I stumbled on it. See? I TOLD you they were evil! He flew from my arms and fell to the ground. Will scooped him up and Holden started crying immediately - good sign! We went to the ER and they checked him out. Of course, by the time we got there Holden was over the shock and started flirting with the nurses and smiling at everyone. He is fine now and acting like his normal self. The bruise is already going away. These kids heal so very fast! Ugh. Now I just need to get the vision of my child flying through the air out of my head.
My heart still hurts and we have a new rule..park the walker!
Friday, Holden starts Mother's Day Out. We went to orientation last week and HOLY MOLY...we are already tasked with selling cookie dough and gift wrap to raise money. Seriously. I am excited for him, though. His teachers are very nice and I think he will have a great time playing with other kids, building up resistance to germs and generally flirting with everyone he meets.
That sucks, well the falling and flying child, not that he's fine. I swear I'm a good mom, but Levi fell of the bed already, well rolled actually, and I was even right next to him. He was fine, but I freaked and called his Neurologist just in case. They said it was fine if he looked and acted fine and to not worry about him too much. I swear, he doesn't crawl, walk, or stand on his own, but he can roll like no body's business
ReplyDelete