So, I made a little progress but the weeds win this round. Stupid weeds. My tomatoes can breathe, though.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Weeds = 1, Me = 0
I have a veggie garden in my front yard. Will thinks it's super redneck but hey..it's the only place with enough light. We ripped out the azalea bushes that were lopsided and trying to take over the house and tilled up the dirt and plopped some plants in the ground. I watched as my tomato plants ACTUALLY made tomatoes. I watched as the pumpkin plant creeped all over the place. The cucumbers did the same. Hurray! I was lazy in the beginning. I didn't lay down the weed fabric. I should have. The weeds took over. How is it that weeds can thrive and my sweet veggies die? After several weeks of intending to weed, I finally got out there. It was bad. It was real bad. My arms were covered in scratches and were super itchy and red. Stupid weeds. Next time, long sleeved shirt. In the 90something degree weather. Sensitive skin = no fun!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm jealous, I wanted to plant a garden but never found the time. good luck with your weeds next time you tackle them
ReplyDeleteI am planting a garden in our yard as soon as we get our new fence. I'll take your advice and make sure I lay down the weed fabric!
ReplyDelete