Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My mouse only scrolls down.  How weird.  Maybe the battery is dying or something.  Maybe it's trying to tell me something.
So there's drama in my life but not in my REAL life.  Well, there's always a little family drama IRL but I mean my online community.  I have learned my lesson in the past about tone and how people interpret your tone via written word.  It's amazing how you can type one thing and in your head you're giggling because it's silly or sounds silly and then someone else reads it and thinks you're angry or what have you.  The initial drama on my board isn't misinterpreted tone, that is for certain.  Those intentions were clear.  But alot of the drama that followed sounds like it might be.  I don't know for sure, though.  Some of the tone is pretty clear.  Some I read as joking but others have interpreted differently.  Some have resorted to name calling.  Some have tried to interject humor in their own way which was also criticized.  Some injected wittiness which didn't sound witty and came across as insulting.  whew. Now, I'm the first to admit having grown up in a hair salon that I like gossip.  I always seem to miss out on the board drama because I'm two steps behind but I'm going to take a lesson from the scrolly wheel on my mouse and look forward at this point.   And for that,  I win!!

1 comment: