Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Slingin!

Holden is not a sling baby.  I tried and tried but I think being scrunched up makes him barfy.  He always spits up in the pouch sling.  And before barfing, he would hang for about 10 minutes and then scream.  I tried making my own moby but he wasn't having that either.  Then I bought the Ergo carrier and he likes it OK but after a bit, gets squirmy.  
Today, I tried the moby again and he seemed to enjoy it!!  He looked around and hung out.  It makes me very happy!!  Thats the cheapest baby carrier I have and it will be great for going to the store.  I might save the Ergo for day trips and when he's heavier for the support it gives.  I haven't decided yet.   We are on a bbq team for Memphis in May.  For those of you who don't know the experience, it's a week long competition with booths that are double deckers on the river.  There are two types of teams (unofficially):  teams who come to compete and teams who come to party.  We've never been a competition team but we have this new cook and last year we placed in the top 20 out of hundred(s) of teams.  Anyways, it's a week long deal and there is lots of hanging out on the river drinking beer, or soda or whatever.  :-)  I'm thinking the ergo might be better for that.   I must do more evaluation.  
Here's to my boy getting better at slingin! 

On to sleeping.  Holden napped for almost 2 WHOLE HOURS today!!  I couldn't believe it!  He slept from 9:30 till 6am, too!  Usually, he wakes up once or twice, gets the paci and goes back to sleep but not this morning.  This morning, mommy got 7 glorious straight hours of sleep!!!
Hurrah!!!!  Unbelievable.  Maybe it's a growth spurt.  I'm crossing my fingers that it's the new norm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment