In case you need one, Costco has their fake trees up and ready for sale. They also have ornaments and ribbon, etc. Oh, and let's look at a calendar, shall we? These trees were spotted on September 12. Seriously, people! I'm considering NOT holiday shopping at places that put up holiday displays inappropriately early. But then that would leave me with nowhere to shop. :-)
LIve has been full of preparing for a baby shower I am hosting this weekend. I've been planning meals and getting supplies for mini cupcakes. I'm excited! The menu:
ginger thin cookies with peppered Boursin cheese and candied bacon
mini cupcakes with buttercream frosting
fruit
pestino marinated BLT (with candied bacon)
Any other suggestions? The shower starts at 2 on sunday so most everyone will have had lunch and probably won't be hungry.
I also came up with two games that aren't as lame as the whole measure mommy's belly. I had that game at my shower and wasn't thrilled. K. So the games I came up with are: Guess the character - various pictures of children's characters and you have to name them all. Some are pretty obscure like Oscar the Grouch's pet worm. Second game: Don't say "baby" - Everyone gets a beaded necklace and you can't say the word baby. If you hear someone say it, you call them out and they give up their necklace. At the end, whoever has the most necklaces wins a prize. I think these are decent, huh?
We did the don't say baby game with clothespins. I also just hosted a shower, and one fun game was to pick a bunch of songs with the name baby in the title, play 10-15 seconds of the song, and have the people guess what the song is & artist is. Also did a big basket full of baby stuff, gave everyone 30 seconds to look at it, and then made them write down everything they could remember. Those were fun!
ReplyDelete