Thursday, September 2, 2010

Don't forget to stop and smell the weeds...

Here lately, I've been spending my time looking at this:

From Fisher Family Blog

and this:

From Fisher Family Blog

(Don't you just want to kiss on those cheeks all day long?)

and dealing with this:

From Fisher Family Blog
It can make for a stressful day when the above expression is the only one you see for most of the day.  Bring on mother's day out!  He plays, he laughs, he loves, he naps (sometimes).  Most of all, he walks out of mother's day out with a great attitude.  Oma taught H how to smell flowers.  For the longest time (and still), if he sees a flower, he'll sniff.  Mother's day out doesn't have flowers but they do have monkey grass.  Every day when we leave, he stops to sniff the monkey grass.  When we get home, he stops to sniff the weeds.  What can I say?  My child loves nature.  It puts a smile on my face every time and I let him take his time coming inside.  Not because I know it'll be tantrum city thanks to his lack of real nap, not because I am facing 3 hours of demands for snacks, cups, and tv that I desperately try to keep off but because it's important to take your time to relish the happy moments, watching your child explore and enjoy his world.   Lets all stop and smell the weeds, shall we? It's the least you can do for yourself today...

No comments:

Post a Comment